Back to auction
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
- Our USA order fulfillment center will carefully pack and ship your article via the U.S. Postal Service or Fed-Ex. However the shipment is at your risk. We advise you purchase insurance. A lot of packets are lost in the mail. If your insured packet is lost, we will file a claim for you and send you an approximate replacement of your choice. If you wish a cash refund for a USPS refund, we can provide you with the U.S. Post Office's insurance certificate, a pre-completed claim form, and a receipt. You can file a claim with your local Post Office, but we cannot file your claim for you, we are in Russia and our mailing/service contract agent is unable to file USPS claims for third parties (though they CAN in the case of Fed-Ex Shipments).
- Please note that if you use PayPal to remit your funds, PayPal requires all shipments be sent insured and with proof of delivery.
- Additional services such as Priority Mail, Express Mail, Federal Express, boxed shipments, etc., are available upon request. Please ask us. For high-value shipments to the USA and Canada, we routinely use Fed-Ex Ground (at no additional cost). However for only a few dollars extra, we can ship ANY order Fed-Ex Ground. Fed-Ex has proven to provide vastly superior service to the USPS.
- If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason whatever, we will gladly refund your entire purchase price. All we ask is that you ship the item back to us. We will refund your entire purchase price, so long as we are notified within six weeks of the close of the auction of your intent to return the item, so that we may in turn ask Ebay for a refund of the commissions and fees they charged us. If you notify us after six weeks, we will still honor your refund request, but we will deduct Ebay commissions (2%-5%).
- All artifacts are shipped from Washington State using the U.S. Postal Service. On occasion they are slow, very slow. We cannot be responsible for slow deliveries. We are not the post office. We cannot even get our Russian post office to respond efficiently, and we are in Russia. Trying to get your American system to work efficiently from where we are in Russia is beyond our ability. Our USA order fulfillment center ships every day, and will ship your item within 48 hours of receiving your remittance. But once the item has been placed into your mail system, it is beyond our control. We cannot be responsible for the slowness or inefficiency of the U.S. Postal Service, sorry. If speed of delivery is critical, we suggest you pay extra for Priority Mail or Federal Express (Ground or Air).
- Recently we added 45 cents to the cost of our postage so as to make sure that all of our shipments include a delivery confirmation so that you are able (theoretically) to track your item's progress through the mail system. Contrary to popular belief, the U.S. Postal Service does NOT automatically track insured mail or Priority Mail; only Express Mail. By spending a little extra money for a delivery confirmation, you will be able to refer to a tracking number and (perhaps) check your package's status on-line. Unfortunately, a surprising number of packages are lost, even packages mailed from the USA to the USA. The Postal System simply has never been the same since the tragic events of 9/11. In any event, Delivery Confirmation is included with all our shipments. Simply take the number you will be provided with upon shipment; and go to www.usps.com - the official site for the U.S. Postal System.
- Certificates of Authenticity (COA's) are mailed from Russia. It takes anywhere between one and four weeks, depending on (it seems) which way the snow is blowing (our system is even more inefficient than yours). Sometimes it is fast, sometimes it is not. But you will get every COA you order, festooned with the nicest Russian postage stamps we can find. Be patient. Usually it is only seven to ten days. If the first COA we sent does not show up within 30 days, we will send a second at no charge.
- International Shipments: We are happy to ship anywhere in the world. But international shipments from the United States (using U.S. Mail) do not offer insurance except for the most costly option; shipments sent "International Express Mail" (about $20.00). Standard Air Mail is very inexpensive ($3.99), but not tracked and not insured. "Global Priority Mail" (usually $6.99) is tracked by the U.S. Post Office, but not insured. We will ship at your request Air Mail or Global Priority Mail, but we cannot be responsible for the non-delivery of the package. Of perhaps 1,000 or more international shipments we have made to dozens of countries throughout the world, four uninsured, unnumbered shipments have been reported lost (as claimed by the customers); two shipments to Canada, one to Australia, and one to New Zealand (note: ALL Commonwealth countries!) - and one to France. One package to Great Britain was opened and the contents removed. The Post Office has even lost a registered mail parcel to Canada and an Express Mail package to Australia! Mail to Great Britain, Canada and Australia has proved not only susceptible to "loss", but also to very slow transit times through Customs - especially Canada. Shipments to Italy and to France have been known to cause apoplexy. All international shipments are solely at the buyer's risk, unless you pay for insured and expedited USPS Express Mail (about $20.00) or Registered Mail (about $12.00). If you do NOT pay for Express Mail or Registered Mail, PayPal will not allow us to ship goods abroad - so you CANNOT use PayPal unless you also use Express Mail or Registered Mail. Insured, numbered, and tracked; "International Express Mail" costs about $20.00 (email for a quote); and is allegedly expedited (the USPS claims 2-3 days). The base price includes $100.00 insurance. Additional insurance is available for an additional fee of $1.00 for $100.00 coverage purchased. This is the service we recommend, as it is both insured and tracked by the U.S. Postal System. But it is costly. Registered mail or insured parcel post packages are a few dollars less, but still costly. It's your choice.
Back to auction